Preceptor of the Year
Affiliate Faculty Appointment Process
To share our appreciation WSU CPPS extends affiliate (adjunct) faculty appointments (per WSU guidelines) to those with sustained engagement with the experiential IPPE/APPE rotation program. Affiliate faculty appointments are not required or automatically processed when an individual becomes a preceptor, this must be requested. Individuals engaged in precepting can request an appointment at any time. An affiliate appointment extends other privileges to preceptors, including WSU library access. These are 3-year terms always set to begin July 1 and expire June 30.
The first step for those engaged with our IPPE/APPE program is to request an affiliate appointment using the link above, this can be used both for new and renewal appointment requests. When completing an affiliate appointment request form, you will submit information about your engagement with WSU CPPS, contact information and a current CV. New appointments will be contacted for additional information.
Once all information needed for an appointment has been collected and verified it generally takes 2 weeks for the appointment to be processed. If you previously held an appointment under a different name in addition to the CPPS faculty affiliate request, you will need to submit a name change form through WSU Payroll Services.
Once the appointment is completed, the process to generate WSU credentials for the appointee begins. WSU credentials include a WSU Network ID (NID) and WSU ID number, which is required to be able to access privilege such as the WSU libraries. At minimum this will take 1 week but can take longer.
You will receive an auto-generated invitation email from wsu.edu. This will have instructions on how to activate your WSU Network ID/NID (username) and password at activate.wsu.edu. Record your information somewhere safe, this includes:
- WSU Network ID (i.e. B.Cougar)
- WSU Email address (i.e. B.Cougar@wsu.edu):
- WSU ID Number (numeric, this is at least 8 digits):
Passwords and Security
WSU utilizes multi-factor authentication (MFA) which you will be prompted to set up. Passwords expire every 180 days. You will receive emails from OKTA letting you know when yours is about to expire, as well as instructions on how to update your password.
If your password is not updated when you are notified, then you will need to reset your account using the information below.
Resetting Your Password
- Go to the WSU login
- Select “Need help signing in?”
- Select “Forgot Password”
- You will be asked for your WSU email
- Select one of the reset options you had previously setup for account recovery.
- You will receive a code via the method selected in the previous step. Enter it when requested.
- Next you will setup a password. The password needs to be complex. Passwords expire every 180 days. Please make sure you change them prior to the 180-day expiration, or you’ll have to repeat the “Change Your WSU Password” steps above to reset.
- If you are unable to reset your password using the provided methods, please contact the WSU Crimson Service Desk at 509-335-4357.
Affiliate Faculty Resources
Access to restricted locations on the pharmacy website require the use of the person’s WSU Network ID and password to login. When prompted to login please include ad\ before your WSU network ID. Example: ad\B.Cougar
- Go to WSU Libraries
- Tip: Instructions and video tutorials are available on the WSU Libraries New Users page
- For full access sign-in by clicking “Search It Login”
- Select “Current WSU students, faculty and staff”
- Sign in with your Network ID and password
- You can look at journals, see lists of databases, and much more from there!
WSU Library Databases to Note
- DynaMed Plus
- LWW Health Library
- Lexi-Comp Online
- Natural Medicines
- CINAHL (EBSCOHost)
- Web of Science (ISI)
- Cochrane Library (Wiley)
- SciFinder Scholar
Other CPPS Resources
The College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences provides access to several pharmacy related software packages, mobile apps, and publications separate from the library’s subscriptions. Some of the subscriptions include Clinical Pharmacology, Epocrates, Merck Medicus, Micromedex, and others. These resources are available to College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences students, staff, and faculty only.
When logging in to any of the below resources from the link provided enter ad\NetworkID and password.