Letter from the Editor | March 2019

Dear friends,

It has been seven years now that I have had the honor of serving as your CougaRx News editor in chief.

This month marks the 97th newsletter I have published for the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The CougaRx Alumni Newsletter started in 2013, with the addition of the Dean’s Newsletter in 2014. As our Cougar pharmacy family grew with the college’s move to Spokane, the success of our newsletters took off. The alumni newsletter received a SPARK award for excellence in communication from the Spokane Regional MarCom Association, and a marketing and communication award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. When the management of both publications became a juggling act as our alumni events expanded, we consolidated into one monthly CougaRx News publication in the fall of 2016.

I have watched it all unfold, and looking back on how much CPPS has accomplished in this amount of time I am humbled and honored to be the one to help the college tell its story.

I’m writing this segment today because I will be handing off the editorial reigns, and my last day with WSU will be next Wednesday, March 6. I received an amazing opportunity for my next professional chapter, and thus, I need to say goodbye; but I know this will only be goodbye for now. I look forward to watching the future success of the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and I hope that our paths continue to cross in the future (can I get a Go Cougs for WSU football!?).

It has been a pleasure to work with so many outstanding students, alumni, faculty, and fellow staff. Thank you for the many amazing years of experience. I will always be grateful for my time at WSU.

With highest regards,

Lori Maricle, APR
Communication, Marketing and Public Relations
WSU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences