Stephanie Lind named Student Pharmacist of the Year

SPOKANE, Wash.—Stephanie Lind, a WSU student pharmacist in the class of 2016, was selected as the Spokane Pharmacy Association’s (SPA) 2015 Student Pharmacist of the Year.

“I was, and still am, completely honored to have been nominated and selected for the SPA Student Pharmacist of the Year award. To be recognized by those who have inspired me is just an amazing feeling,” said Lind.

Lind was nominated by Spokane Pharmacist Christopher Greer from St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute, and was selected for her demonstrated leadership and ability to communicate effectively to alleviate patient concerns regarding their prescribed drug therapy. She received the award at the SPA’s annual awards banquet just before Christmas, held at the Davenport Grand Hotel downtown.

The SPA is a Spokane-based professional organization for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and student pharmacists. The organization coordinates annual awards to members of the Inland Northwest pharmacy community in recognition of excellence in the field of pharmacy.

Lind is from Normand Park, Washington, and completed her undergraduate coursework at WSU in Pullman. As a pharmacist she plans to work in an intensive care unit and then eventually work in academia.

“I always thought that I would want to return to the Seattle area, but after three years in Spokane I have fallen in love with the community here,” said Lind.

[January 21, 2016] By: Lori J. Maricle