John Landkammer, the pharmacy supervisor/student coordinator at Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, was named “Preceptor of the Year” for his work with pharmacy students doing rotations at the hospital. He has been a preceptor for the College for more than five years. The award is given to a preceptor for their outstanding contributions to the educational development of future pharmacists by demonstrating high standards of professionalism, ethics and clinical practice.
Some of the comments about John from the evaluations and award nomination forms include:
- natural leader and a positive influence in the pharmacy department
- enthusiastic, possesses superlative critical thinking abilities, eager to share his wealth of knowledge from an extensive background of experience
- possesses great patience and a strong desire to teach as evidenced by his daily contacts with his staff and students
- takes great pride in his job
- effective mentor and team player