Pharmacy Day at the Washington Legislature on Feb. 20, 2009, included 78 student pharmacists from Washington State University who met with legislators throughout the day to talk about issues important to students as well as professionals.
Organized by the Washington State Pharmacy Association, students from the University of Washington also were there and provided health screenings for the legislators while WSU students were meeting with individual legislators. Specific issues which were discussed with the legislators included the following:
- Tuition Caps for college students
- Financial Aid for college students
- Cutting Pharmacy Medicaid reimbursement rates to pharmacies
- Medicaid Audit Reform Bill
- Tamper resistant prescription drug pads to save money by decreasing fraud for Medicaid prescriptions