We hope the information below will answer many questions. If you have other questions or need assistance, please reach out to us at Pharmacy.ExpSer@wsu.edu. We plan to schedule some open workshop times to help everyone navigate this new exciting system!
CORE Frequently Asked Questions
What is CORE?
CORE is a software suite that WSU uses as our rotation management platform, in addition to other functionality you will use for your Continue Professional Development (CPD) activities. There are various platforms that are part of the CORE suite and that you will hear/see reference to are listed below:
- CORE ELMS
- COMP MS
- CORE Readiness
What can be done in the suite of CORE platforms?
- Rotation scheduling and management
- Incident tracking (e. needlesticks)
- Onboarding information
- Students, preceptors and faculty can access and utilize the 1,100 videos available. These have mini-assessments tied to them. These educational videos span various topics from high-level drug counseling to interviewing tips and how to write a professional email.
- This is an ePortfolio platform to maintain an active CV. You can customize content to share with different preceptors and potential employers. You can also choose to make it searchable online.
How do I access my account in CORE?
Incoming students will be sent to your WSU email address once Fall term begins that will contain login information. The email will come from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I access my account in CORE?
PY1 students will get information about CORE during your first few weeks in your Pharmacy Practice & Professional Development (PPPD) I course. This information is sent from Experiential Services to students directly from CORE ELMS.
What should I do first in CORE?
- Take 10 minutes to explore your CORE ELMS account!
- From your CORE ELMS account link to the other platforms by clicking the names of them in the upper righthand corner (Comp MS, CORE Readiness, MyCred). It will prompt you to create a username/password the first time, with the exception of Comp MS.
- Add your preferred phone number. This is needed for future rotation site onboarding paperwork.
- Add a professional photo of yourself! Administrators and preceptors will be able to view your photo.
- Review and/or update your other account information, such as your nickname, select your “Acceptable Pronouns,” etc.
Tip: See the videos in “Document Library” under “How-To Videos for CORE” for visual tutorials.
How can I get familiar with CORE?
- Check out the videos available to you in CORE ELMS under in the “Document Library” under “How-To Videos for CORE!”
Will I have separate logins for each of the CORE suite of platforms?
Initially Experiential Services will send you a login for CORE ELMS, which will be your “primary” account and from which you can link to all the other CORE platforms.
Technically you will have/create separate logins and passwords; however you can link these together. Start by logging into your CORE ELMS account (WSU will notify you once this has been sent). You can then toggle to the various platforms (screenshot below) in the upper righthand corner. Initially you will be asked to login to the other suite platforms; but it will retain that information if you allow it to.
What does CORE ELMS do?
All your required IPPE and APPE rotations will be managed in CORE ELMS, including:
- Rotation review and preferencing/ranking
- Rotation schedule
- Preceptor contact information
- Onboarding requirements for sites
- Rotation evaluations
Is CORE the same as CastleBranch?
No, CastleBranch is our platform to track compliance for CPPS standard mandatory requirements, such as: COVID-19 vaccination, flu, varicella, TB, MMR, Tdap, WA Intern License, HIPAA/OSHA annual trainings, and annual background checks.
What is onboarding?
Every site has different paperwork and requirements that must be completed in advance to allow a student to start their rotation on-time. These requirements are referred to as “onboarding.”
Onboarding is dictated by the site. At minimum your CastleBranch requirements must be compliant,
and can also include site specific paperwork, additional online trainings, additional background checks, additional TB screenings, drug screenings and registering with other online portals. You can always direct onboarding questions to Experiential Services.
When it is time to review and preference sites in CORE ELMS you can also proactively review what each site requires for “onboarding.”
Once your site assignments have been made “requirements” will populate for your particular site assignment. To find your sites onboarding information once logged into CORE select “Requirements” in the navigation panel on the left-hand side. When you have multiple rotations you can use the filter (towards the top of the page) to select the rotation/site you are assigned to and wish to review onboarding for. Once you have filtered you can review the sites onboarding, “view” documents and click “add” to upload or mark items as completed. Some items will be informational, some will require you upload documents, or may direct you access external portals that partner sites require.