About TIPed at WSU
After thoughtful consideration, the 2021 Transformation and Innovation in Pharmacy Education (TIPed) has been canceled. This decision was made based on the impact of COVID-19 on higher education operations across the country.
While we will not meet this year, we look forward to your proposals and participation at TIPed in June 2022!
WSU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CPPS) is committed to building a community dedicated to the transformation and innovation in pharmacy education so that students can adapt to the fast-changing profession.
Working together with programs across the nation, we want to transform the way we teach our students in order to revolutionize health care in America and advance the wellness of our nation.
Innovation is an essential ingredient in a thriving educational environment. An innovative mindset engages faculty, fosters lifelong learning, and pursuit of excellence.
Pharmacy education faces significant disruptions as technology, practice and pedagogy all continue to evolve. To keep up with these fast-pace changes, the ACPE has encouraged all academia to broaden their horizons through leading-edge thinking and education.
By providing a platform to exchange ideas, we hope to encourage pharmacy programs across the country to innovate and formulate their own plan for pedagogical progress.
- Teach pharmacy educators the “why” and “how” of pedagogy innovation within the context of a pharmacy curriculum.
- Increase the community of contributing partners in innovation within the national pharmacy academia circle.
- Raise awareness, prestige and support for curriculum innovation efforts across academia.
These objectives can lead to benefits such as:
- Sustained growth in recruitment
- Improved retention rates and student performance
- Operational efficiency
- Student satisfaction