Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy
- Registered Pharmacist License and Preceptor, Washington
- Registered Pharmacist License, Montana
- Registered Pharmacist License, Oregon
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification
- Immunization Certification
PGY-1 Residency: community pharmacy practice residency at Oregon State University Student Health Service Pharmacy in Corvallis, Oregon. Buchman received an OSU/OHSU resident teaching certificate as part of this residency.
PGY-2 Residency: drug information/academia residency at the University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy in Missoula, Montana.
Instructor of Record for the following courses in Yakima:
- Pharmacy 501: APC I: Patient Assessment
- Pharmacy 509: Professional Communications Lab
- Pharmacy 514: Pharmacotherapy I
- Pharmacy 530: Point of Care and Clinical Services
- Pharmacy 531: APC II: Clinical Assessment & Documentation
- Pharmacy 533: IPPE II Debrief
- Pharmacy 541: APC III: Medication Therapy Management
- Pharmacy 551: APC IV: Advanced Medication Therapy Management
- Pharmacy 561: APC V: Integrated Patient Care Various elective courses
She also teaches a few lectures each year for the Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine students.
Buchman’s research focus is on student-based skills and simulation and how to integrate interprofessional learning and education.
Buchman is a member of the Yakima Valley Interprofessional Practice and Education Collaborative (YVIPEC) Student Curriculum Development Committee, ASHP, APhA, as well as several state pharmacy associations. She is also the faculty advisor for the Yakima APhA-ASP chapter.
“Prescribing in Elderly Populations,” Continuing education presentation to physicians and mid-level providers, Benton Franklin County Medical Society 33rd Annual CME Seminar, Kennewick, WA
Robinson J, Remsberg C, Bray B, Stewart A, Brand-Eubanks D, Buchman C, Willson M, Akers J, Padowski J, Daoud S, Clark J, Paine M, Gates B, Muller S, MacLean L, Pollack G. A transformative shift: competency-based active learning at Washington State University. Presented at the 2016 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting.
Clark J, Buchman C. Pearls for converting a self-care therapeutics course into an active learning model with multiple guest speakers & facilitators at two campuses. Presented at the 2016 Northwest Pharmacy Convention.