Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Texas Austin and University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Bachelor of Science in pharmacy, University of Washington
Specialty Residency in Adult Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio and Bexar County Hospital District, San Antonio, Texas
Pharmacy Practice Residency, St. Joseph Hospital and Health Care Center, Tacoma, Washington
Licensure and Certifications
- Washington State Pharmacist License
- Washington Pharmacy Preceptor License
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Yakima instructor of record for the following courses:
- Pharmacy 507: Introduction to therapeutics: the top 200 drugs
- Pharmacy 545: Pharmacy Management
- Pharmacy 559: Quality Assurance and Patient Safety
Yakima facilitator or participating instructor:
- Pharmacy 530: Point of Care and Clinical Services courses.
- Pharmacy 544: Pharmacotherapy III – adult internal medicine topics
- Pharmacy 578: Leadership and Professional Development
- Pharmacy 589: Practical Politics
Stewart’s research interests include interprofessional practice and education (IPE) and teaching and learning. Current projects include a review of interprofessional education in pharmacy and a survey of pharmacy preceptor’s knowledge, perception and practice in IPE. A second project involves an assessment of student behaviors that are associated with success in an active learning curriculum.
Honors and Awards
NCPA Pharmacy Leadership Award, Washington State Pharmacy Association, 2014
David Almquist Award, Washington State Pharmacy Association, 2011
- 2017-18 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Council of Faculties, Faculty Affairs Committee
- 2014-present Yakima Valley Interprofessional Practice and Education Collaborative, Steering Committee
Stein S, Stewart A. Issues in Interprofessional Practice. Transitions in Pedagogy Summit (TIPed), WSU College of Pharmacy, Spokane, WA, June 12, 2017.
Stewart A. Pharmacogenomics: Genetic Factors in Drug Metabolism. 33rd Annual CME Seminar, Benton Franklin County Medical Society, Kennewick, WA, February 24, 2017.
Rochon J, Stewart A. Current Issues in Pharmacy Practice. Washington State Pharmacy Association, Annual Meeting, Suquamish, WA, November 20, 2015.
Carollo S, Ferguson D, Stewart A. Interprofessional Education: a regional collaborative. The Future of Healthcare in Washington State Conference. June 17, 2015. Renton, WA.
Rochon J, Stewart A. Current Issues in Pharmacy Practice: Washington. Washington State Pharmacy Association, NW Pharmacy Convention, Coeur d’Alene, ID, May, 2015.
Carollo S, Ferguson D, Stewart A. Collaboration: transition from multiprofessional to interprofessional healthcare delivery. Washington State Radiologic Technologists Association, Annual Meeting, Yakima, WA, April, 2015 (approved for 2 hours of RT continuing education).
Theel A, Stewart AS. Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Overview. Washington State Hospital Association, Partnership for Patients Safe Table, SeaTac, WA, September, 2014.
Thome J, Stewart A, Norman A, Foster M. Gastric acid suppressants and association with fracture in women. US Pharm 2015;40(9):HS15-HS20.
Carollo S, Stewart A. White Paper: Interprofessional Practice and Education in the Yakima Valley. 2014.