- Doctor of Pharmacy, Drake University
- Master of Science in Leadership Development, Drake University
Licensed Pharmacist in Illinois, Idaho and Washington.
Residency & Additional Training
- PGY-1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency – Albertsons Companies: Chicago, IL
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Community Pharmacy-Based Point-of-Care Testing
- APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunizer
- APhA Certified in Travel Medicine
- APhA Certified in Diabetes Management
I grew up in the greater Chicagoland area and completed my pre-pharmacy prerequisites at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. I graduated with my Doctor of Pharmacy and Masters of Science (MS) in Leadership Development from Drake University. As a pharmacy student, I was involved in student organizations such as ASHP, APhA-ASP, and Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity. Currently, I serve on the International Executive Board as the 2019-2021 Collegiate Member-at-Large. In 2020, I completed a PGY-1 Community-Based Residency at Albertsons Companies/Jewel-Osco Division in conjunction with Midwestern University College of Pharmacy: Downers Grove Campus. Following the completion of my first-year of residency, I decided to pursue an ambulatory care fellowship with WSU to further expand upon my clinical interests in chronic disease state management as well as pharmacy operations and management. During my fellowship, I will be working with an inter-disciplinary team while innovating patient care services within a pharmacist scope of practice. Alongside my clinical responsibilities, I will be precepting pharmacy, medicine, and nursing students on experiential rotations with Range Community Clinic and involved in various teaching opportunities at the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
In my spare time I like to…
I enjoy traveling to various destinations, refereeing soccer, and being active outdoors. My favorite travel memory is spending ten weeks in Punta Gorda, Belize where I completed my leadership capstone and became a certified advanced open water scuba diver.
During my advanced pharmacy practice rotations, I developed a strong passion for ambulatory care and providing patient care services to underserved patient populations. I am excited to work for BAVI Health/Range Community Clinic as well as Washington State University and develop the various pharmacist-driven patient care services and community outreach opportunities to make an impact.
My Favorite Quote
“Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world.” – Paulo Coelho
PROvision of a VaccIne EDucation IntErvention for Community Pharmacists: Recommendations for People Living with HIV (PROVIDE Study)
Funding Source: American Pharmacists Association (APhA) 2021 Incentive Grant
- Maciejewski A, Murray M, Clough C, Winkler S, Cross C, Hoffman-Eubanks B, Highland, J.“PROvision of a VaccIne EDucation IntErvention for Community Pharmacists: Recommendations for People Living with HIV (PROVIDE Study)”
- Maciejewski, Alexander (2018) “Maximizing my Leadership Potential,” American Pharmacist Association Student Pharmacist Magazine.
- Maciejewski, Alexander (2017) “Leadership Development through Service-Learning: My Drake Experience,” The International Undergraduate Journal For Service-Learning, Leadership, and Social Change: Vol. 6: Iss. 2, p. 28-31. Available at: http://opus.govst.edu/iujsl/vol6/iss2/6