Student Travel Grants
Students may request travel support from the College of Pharmacy to attend professional meetings by filling out the online form posted to the right.
Student travel grant policy
To be considered for a College of Pharmacy student travel grant, supporting registration and/or travel students must be engaged in one of the following activities:
- Representing the college as a delegate
- Receiving an award or scholarship
If funds are available, students may be funded multiple times as described above without a specific dollar limit associated with the award. The award will be adjusted upon receipt of other travel awards from other organizations. The COP expects that costs submitted are reasonable and prudent.
These awards are subject to the availability of funds and will not be an automatic award.
A clear description of why this investment in professional development is valuable to the student and the College will be necessary.
Completed applications must be received by the close of business 14 days prior to travel.
The Dean’s Office will review the applications according to the guidelines above.
The approval is acknowledging approval of your qualifications for reimbursement. It is not promising you an amount that will be reimbursed.
The award will be adjusted upon receipt of other travel awards from other organizations. The COP expects that costs submitted are reasonable and prudent.
The college attempts to make sure your expenses for registration and travel to the conference (airfare, fuel/gas) are covered. Please understand that all your expenses will not be covered.
College of Pharmacy travel grants, PPSO officer travel support, ASWSU-Spk travel grants
- All awards are paid after the travel has occurred, there are no advance payments.
- You must submit original paid receipts.
- Receipts must show your name, amount paid and show a zero balance owed.
- We can only reimburse lodging expenses incurred at commercial lodging facilities. This means we cannot reimburse lodging expenses incurred through services such as Airbnb.
- You will need paid receipts for airline, lodging, registration and transportation.
- If you share a room, your name must be listed on your receipt for payment.
- You may use Orbitz, Travelocity, or Expedia, but you MUST obtain a paid receipt. The receipt should show your name with detailed payment amounts broken out for lodging, airfare and transportation and a zero amount owed. You will NOT be reimbursed unless you have the properly detailed receipt.
Copies of bank statements, canceled checks or credit card statements are not allowed. You must have the paid receipts.
- Meals receipts are not required. If approved for meal reimbursement, you will be paid a per diem amount for each meal. Generally meals are not reimbursed. (Please note: meals are rarely approved for reimbursement)
- Submit receipts and a completed Travel Reimbursement Form to Lori Benson or to Sarah Kohler in PBS 130, Spokane. If you are out of the area you may mail them to Lori Benson, PO Box 1495, Spokane, WA, 99210-1495.
- Requests for reimbursement, along with original receipts, must be submitted within 60 days after the end of travel.
Call Lori Benson at 509-368-6674 if you are unsure about any of these instructions. Do not depend on what you or a friend did last year or what someone else tells you.